Saturday, May 30, 2009

2009 2nd Quarter: Best in Music

I hate the formatting junk that is Blogger. It just makes me mad. I work all hard and this is what I get... You'll just have to use your brains to attach the right song with the right album art. Ddddddang!

Alright everyone. Here is the much sought after 2nd Quarter list of best music. I've been working on this one a lot more thoroughly than the last and am really digging each of these tracks and bands. I hope you enjoy. All or most can be found on Hype Machine as free/legal downloads. I can't vouch for each album, but if the rest of the album is this good you should buy all 23. I have only 4 so far, but my wishlist is growing. I'm going to compile a .zip folder with each track in it and if you are so inclined... let me know and I'll send one over to you via yousendit.com or somesuch thing. Sorry the layout's all funkdified... it's not my fault. Blame the codewriters at Blogger.









Dent May and His Magnificent Ukulele - "Meet Me in the Garden" from The Good Feeling Music of...











Japandroids - "Young Hearts Spark Fire" from Post-Nothing
















Metric - "Help, I'm Alive" from Fantasies













St. Vincent - "The Strangers" from Actor














The Tallest Man On Earth - "The Sparrow and the Medicine" from Shallow Grave













Camera Obscura - "French Navy" from My Maudlin Career













Cursive - "From the Hips" from Mama, I'm Swollen















Death Cab For Cutie - "My Mirror Speaks" from The Open Door EP












The Antlers - "Bear" from Hospice (Thanks Brian... thought I Dan Deacon....ummm)













Fleet Foxes - "False Knight on the Road" from Mykonos (Single)













Flight of the Conchords - "Friends" from The Second Season (No release date or tracklist yet)















Heartless Bastards - "The Mountain" from The Mountain














Papercuts - "Future Primitive" from You Can Have What You Want













Royksopp - "Happy Up Here" from Junior














The Boxer Rebellion - "Soviets" from Union (Thanks Marc)














Grizzly Bear - "While You Wait for the Others" from Veckatimest













Iron and Wine - "God Made the Automobile" from Around the Well











Bishop Allen - "The Ancient Commonsense of Things" from Grrr...















Bowerbirds - "Northern Lights" from Upper Air














White Rabbits - "Percussion Gun" from It's Frightening















Say Hi - "Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh" from Ohs and Ahs














Fanfarlo - "The Walls are Coming Down" from Reservoir












Patrick Watson - "Beijing" from Wooden Arms

No comments:

Post a Comment