Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rick Riordan - The funmaster


Master of the retold and reimagined Greek myth. Purveyor of Indiana Jones meets National Treasure meets brilliant reading marketing scheme. Rick Riordan is a children's author, though he also writes for adults, and is/has writing/written some of the most entertaining books I've crossed recently. Sure he's on the best sellers list, which, to those of us under the ambiguous label "indie," might find offensive. I don't and won't be boxed out of enjoying, wholeheartedly, books or music designed to entertain. I've made it through the backlog of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series and now patiently await the finale. I'm also just starting the 39 Clues series which is already panning out to be just the book I was looking for, both back in elementary school and on most Saturdays. Check out the website, the books, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment