Sunday, April 5, 2009

Intentions

I had a grandiose idea to post the list of books I've completed thus far as well as a little snippet about them. I also thought that I would have time this weekend to post my list of best music for this quarter of 2009, complete with snippets. Though now, alas and alack, Sunday night has arrived and I have accomplished only two of three goals for the weekend: clean the bathrooms and bake orange whole-wheat bread. Posting the above listings was pushed aside as our homestead contracted the flu. We don't know what kind or how long it lasts, but everyone here except me is under the weather. In the place of the aforementioned lists I'll give you a link to an art blog that I think is fantastic. I'm a big fan of the Brothers Hildebrand who did art for Tolkein's books as well as Terry Brooks' fantasy series based around the Shannara family. That's a bit of a side note. I'm in the midst of reading Andrew Peterson's (yes, the Andrew Peterson of The Far Country, Love and Thunder, and Resurrection Letters II) kids fantasy novel On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness and the illustrations are fantastic. On Peterson's blog, he passes a link to the artist who drew all of the illustrations, one Justin Gerard.

http://www.quickhidehere.blogspot.com/

Over the last year he went back and illustrated points in Tolkien's original masterpiece The Hobbit. His work began as an attempt to illustrate the Lord of the Rings but he found that Peter Jackson's Hollywood-ized version was too ingrained. So I leave you with the link to his gallery for The Hobbit, some other random bits of art, and some illustrations for Beowulf. Enjoy all.


http://www.justingerard.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment