Sunday, October 18, 2009

Terrible Yellow Eyes

I can't believe that I haven't posted anything about this. I might have mentioned it in passing a while back, but seriously... this needs to be seen and continually enjoyed. Cory Godbey, illustrator extraordinaire (Light Night Rains) has decided to create a blog dedicated to Where the Wild Things Are. I'm sure that this was done prior to the movie gaining such indie cred, but his idea allows fellow artists to go wild. Every Friday, the viewer can experience more illustrations. Each artist takes a page or a sentence and redraws it with his/her style. Sometimes the artwork turns out to have little to do with the book and more to do with creativity and imagination. As if that weren't already firmly in place.


Here are a few of my favorites.






No comments:

Post a Comment